He has been noticed by worldwide music sensation Justin Bieber and this week released his ‘Shy EP’ and the accompanying official music video.
At the young age of 14 Jai Waetford auditioned for the X-Factor singing "Different Worlds" by Jes Hudak which was followed be a second, original track "Don’t Let M
e Go". He wowed the judges and the public and finished the competition in third place.
Since then Jai has been working hard writing, playing and recording music for all his fans, including his latest release ‘Shy’ which is now available on iTunes.
We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to ask Jai some questions about his new EP, his career and his aspirations. From the questions we asked him, it is easy to see that music is something he is extremely passionate about and that comes naturally to him.
1. What was the inspiration behind your Shy Ep?
We just sat in a studio recording another song and I started playing around with some other chords and started throwing around some lyrics and that’s how ‘Shy’ came about.
2. What is the best advice you have received from anyone?
Just to be true to myself and dont let anyone tell me who I should be
3. What can you tell us about what you have planned for 2015?
I want to write an album, release some more singles and then tour later in the year.
4. What is something your fans may not know about you?
Nothing, I am pretty much an open book.
5. If you could collaborate with any artist who would it be and why?
I would love to collaborate with Bruno Mars, Usher & maybe Chris Brown.
6. If you could claim any album as your own who's would it be and why?
Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox. As it is one of my all time favourites. Love the vibe.