We recently asked DJ, Felix Jaehn a few questions, we even asked him about his hit remix of OMI's song, Cheerleader!
Find out below what Felix had to say below...
1. When did you start Dj-ing and how did you get into it?
I started when I was 15. I was always the kid in charge at the first birthday parties etc, when I grew up. Based on that it just developed step by step. At the age of 18 I then played my first club shows in the Ministry of Sound Club and the Pacha in London.
2. Where/who do you draw inspiration from?
From life! Everything I experience every day can be inspiring. I also listen a lot to great songwriters like Sia, Ed Sheeran or Calvin Harris. .
3. Your recently remixed Omi’s song Cheerleader which made a big hit, how did this remix come about?
The record label 'Ultra' (New York) sent the song as a remix request. I listened closely and felt the potential, so I really wanted to give it a go. Based on the acapella by OMI I started to create a new song following my ideas of a House remix.
4. If you could collaborate with any other DJs or artists who would it be any why?
One of the artists I already named as my inspirations!
5. Which artists or songs are currently your favourite?
Years and Years, Sia, Tchami, Shots (Broiler Remix) - just to name a few. There are simply a lot of great musicians out there which are releasing great songs.
7. How long does it usually take to create a set?
A DJ set? I create it while I am playing. Of course, I have some playlists and song selections based on what I expect from the location, but every set is different. I am playing according to
the crowd. Just recently in Dubai I expected to play a commercial gig, but it turned out to be a real progressive vibe with a great audience. You simply never know in advance. The goal is always to make the people enjoy a perfect night out!
8. Your favourite DJing equipment?
CDJS 2000 nexxus I guess. I use them every night.
9. What can you tell us about what you have planned for 2015?
Just now I'm remixing some songs of my idols, and I will be finishing the work on some of my new original songs shortly. Of course I will also be on tour in Europe a lot! Moreover, my first gigs in the USA and South America are already booked for 2015. So there is a lot going on and I am really looking forward to it!