We recently had the opportunity to ask the one and only OMI, singer of the hit song 'cheerleader', some questions. His latest track, has taken the world by storm, climbing the charts and claiming the number 1 spot, around the globe.
Find out what we asked him and what he had to say below;
1. Who are you musical inspirations and why?
My musical icons are artists from various genres; including Bob Marley, Sam Cooke, Nat King Cole, John Legend and so many others. I listen to all and I learn a lot from each person who I admire.
2. How do you feel when you hear your hit song ‘cheerleader’ on the radio?
Every time I hear my song on the radio it's like the first, especially traveling in Europe, sometimes it comes on twice on the radio between my journeys from the airport to my hotel. I'm amazed and humbled.
3. If you could claim anyones album as your own whose would it be any why?
If I could claim anyone's album it would be Alicia Keys' album “As I Am", I really like that album.
4. How old were you when you first realised you passion for music?
I was only 14 years old when I started writing and I knew there and then what I wanted to do, but I had to finish school..
5. If you could collaborate with any artist who would it be and why?
Meghan Trainor and I along with both our management teams have had dialogue about doing a collaboration and am really looking forward to that.
6. Which artists or songs are currently your favourites?
Am currently listening to artists like Meghan Trainor, Sia, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran and I still listen to all my old time favs.
7. What style of music do you like to listen to and draw inspiration from?
I still listen to hip hop, reggae and some pop because as an artist you have to be open especially if you're a song writer or composer.
8. What you have planned for the rest of 2015?
2015 there is going to be a lot of promotions, appearances and ultimately a follow up single and/or the album.
9. One thing you have not done but would like to...
One of the things I've not done but would like to do is release an album I anticipate the reactions just as I grew up listening to my favorite artists.
10. Something your fans may not know about you, maybe a hidden talent?
I've mentioned from time to time that I'm into art, I draw and I paint and last but not least I am "A FAN OF MY FANS"