We recently had the opportunity to chat to music duo Mako.
The duo have worked with some amazing artists including Avicii, Sander Van Doorn, R3hab, DubVision, Heather Bright and Le Castle Vania to name a few. Mako also collaborated with singer Madison Beer who featured on their track 'I Won't Let You Walk Alway'.
Find out what the duo had to say below;
1. Tell us a little bit about 'Mako' (where the name came from & how you formed as a duo)?
Mako comes from my favorite video game - Final Fantasy VII. Its the best ever haha! We formed over 25 years after our father's met at Syracuse University as roommates. Alex came out to LA for a dinner with his dad and my dad, and I happened to join. A week later we were at EDC Vegas and Mako was soon born. – Logan
2. If you could claim any album as your own whose would it be and why?
Everything Radiohead and Daft Punk have ever done are beyond brilliant. So I'd have to say anything from them. – Logan
3. If you could collaborate with any artist or band, who would it be and why?
Anyone in the world.. I'd pick film composer John Powell. His work sort of changed my life in that I was introduced to it right before my other passion began to take a turn for the worse. I decided to write music for a living in those first few months instead =) – Alex
4. Something your fans may not know about you, maybe a hidden talent?
We LOVEEEEEEEEE miniature golf. When we are in town, someone take us to the local mini golf course please! – Alex and Logan
5. How would you define your current sound?
Our initial music could easily be described as EDM. As for our future, I have a little bit of a tough time describing it, but it combines folk+pop songwriting with electronic, cinematic, and indie rock influences. – Alex
6. Will there be a Mako tour this year? Can your Aussie fans expect a visit?
We are just working on finishing up an album and then how to present it to fans. It’s going to be something VERY different so gotta make sure we
7. Tell us about 'Smoke Filled Room' and the inspiration behind this track?
Smoke Filled Room kicked off a bit of a new direction for us in regards to songwriting. Taking inspiration from real life + using it to tell a visual, personal story.
8. The last album or song you bought, aside from your own...