Exclusive: Wink model and fitness professional Tamara Meyer shares her top 5 refuel tips and the perfect way to a new you! Find out what she had to say below...
Refuel Yourself - 5 Tips On A New You!
The best way to describe the type of person I was before I went away was a dead battery. I was on low charge to nearly 3%. Why? Because I burnt myself to the ground, with work and stress. Let me tell you something- STRESS IS THE DEVIL. If you feel that you are always stressing- then that is a sign to pack your bags and go on a trip away by YOURSELF. Yes people you heard me. A holiday with no one but yourself. Now I cheated this aspect a little bit because I went on a fitness retreat called Active Escapes, leaving my two adorable cats and my amazing partner. YET– I HIGHLY recommend you sign up to their retreats. You are not only exercising on holidays, you are also relaxing and meeting different people who are like-minded, positive people. Big Shout out to Zanna, Ali and Ash for making my trip absolutely amazing.
Here are my 5 Tips of my REFUEL TRIP:
1. YOLO: By YOLO I mean forget about expenses, prices, what your buying, what you are doing- really treat yourself to something. It can be anything, clothes, food, hotel. I went YOLO on my flight to Bali and booked business. Honestly I upgraded when I was there and yes it may have been a tad expensive- but when do you ever get the chance to buy yourself something special. NEVER, so treat yourself because you DESERVE IT.
2. Turn off your ALARM: Yes shock horror I know. We live in a world where TIME is everything. Well not when you are on holidays. Let your body wake up when it WANTS to wake up. If you are like me and have had little to no sleep, your body will thank you for giving it the rest it needs. I felt amazing waking up at 9am as oppose to 5am.
3. READING AND FUN IN THE SUN: Two important things.
Getting some vitamin D to relax the soul and well let’s be real here- everything looks good when you are tanned. The other important thing is getting away from technology and buying a book to read whilst you are on holidays. I am constantly using my phone for everything that I can’t remember the last time I bought a book from a book shop. So take the time to find a book you want to read- because really, knowledge is key and reading is a good way to also help you de-stress and fall asleep naturally.
4. DO SOMETHING YOU’VE NEVER DONE BEFORE: My two things I have never tried or done before was: I ate duck for the first time which I LOVED and the second thing was climb a volcano called Mt Batur. I was up at 1am to travel for 2 hours to then walk an hour and 40 minutes up a very high mountain, to enjoy the sun rise and eat eggs off the steam of the volcano. TICKED that off the bucket list.Find something adventurous, daring, fun and something that you’ll feel rewarded you did that for yourself.
5. LET YOUR HAIR DOWN- Now I am not a big drinker, I hardly drink but because I was away, I enjoyed myself and didn’t stress about my body or what I ate or drank. Believe it or not, when you put less pressure on yourself, you end up looking better and feeling better. Remember you’ve worked hard to look the way you look and feel the way you feel. So having a few drinks, eating pasta and have a cake isn ‘t going to kill you or do damage to you. I am giving you permission so let loose!!