At Swank & Roche, we are always on the lookout for new brands to share with you! Recently we came across Australia womenswear label CALLI and fell in love with their collection. We just couldn't wait to style our favourite pieces from their collections and share them with you!
We had the opportunity to chat to head designer of Calli the Label, Elle Langley about all things fashion and Calli the label. Heres what she had to say...
1. What was the inspiration behind the latest collection?
My inspiration for all the collections always starts with the "Calli girl" and what she will be doing this season, with the idea that my Calli girl wants to look effortlessly on-trend every day. Structured cottons, interesting stripes and bold statement buttons really came into play when designing the collection. Keeping the designs young, feminine but also keeping some slight androgynous silhouettes.
2. What newly emerging trend, do you think will be the next big thing? Trends come and go so quickly which makes designing almost a race to design for the next big trend. I can see sport luxe stripes and a lot more androgynous designs coming out this coming winter months. I think everyone will have an oversized bomber and a checked jacket in their wardrobe this winter.
3. Must have wardrobe essential for this season? Right now my wardrobe essential is definitely a shift midi dress and a bold striped mini dress.
4. Your all-time favourite fashion trend. I am very much inspired by street style and how different trends are represented individually. The "oversized trend" would have to be my all time favourite, anything from jackets to shirt dresses.
5. If you could imagine any celebrity rocking your current collection, who would it be and why? Suki Waterhouse hands down. She is the ultimate fashion icon for Calli. She has a massive personality and it shows in her style.